The FirstCar Awards took place at the Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall, London, on the evening of 25 April 2018 in front of an invited audience from the motor and driver training industries.
Congratulations to all of the 2018 Award winners and shortlisted finalists! To view the full list of winners please click here.
About the Awards
FirstCar has been an authoritative voice for over 10 years and holds a unique position in the marketplace, it is only right that FirstCar recognises and rewards those companies leading the way for young drivers. A FirstCar award will help guide our young driver audience when making key purchasing decisions, giving credibility to those award-winning companies.
The awards will leverage the FirstCar position in the young driver market to reward best in class across a range of different categories - all specifically relevant for young drivers.
FIRSTCAR AWARDS 2018 CATEGORY WINNERS:
- Driving Instructor of the Year sponsored by Marmalade Network: Nayesh Radia, SafeRoading Ltd
- Regional Driving School of the Year sponsored by Driving Test Success: Diverse Road Safety CIC
- National Driving School of the Year sponsored by Citroën: RED Driving School
- Driving Instructor Car of the Year sponsored by Intelligent Instructor Magazine: Citroën C3
- Best In-Car Product: Nextbase 612GW Dash Cam
- Best Safety Technology sponsored by ingenie: Toyota Safety Sense
- Green Car of the Year: Renault Zoe
- Safe Car of the Year sponsored by Driving Test Success: Volkswagen Polo
- Used Car of the Year sponsored by Warranty Direct: Ford Fiesta (08-17)
- Car of the Year sponsored by Warranty Direct: Nissan Micra
The judges were drawn from FirstCar's editorial team as well as experts from the road safety profession. Members of the panel included: David Motton, FirstCar's Editor and UK Car of the Year juror; Paul Caddick, Editor of Intelligent Instructor; Richard Dredge, Motoring Editor of Intelligent Instructor and seasoned motoring journalist; whilst the National Associations Strategic Partnership, which is formed of the three main associations supporting Approved Driving Instructors; ADINJC, DIA and MSA, helped judge the driving instructor awards.
Online entries for the 2019 awards will open after the summer.
The FirstCar Awards are sponsored by Warranty Direct, the leading provider of direct consumer warranties. Warranty Direct's Reliability Index shows which cars are reliable and which aren't, as well as revealing the kind of faults which occur most often and how much they cost to put right. The Reliability Index forms an important part of the scoring criteria for the Used Car of the Year and Car of the Year awards.